COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
STAND A CHANCE TO WIN A CLASSIC WEBER BRAAI!
Competition is valid from 3 July - 17 July 2020
1. These terms and conditions are applicable to all promotional competitions run by Weber South Africa and Petrow Food Ingredients (“the Competition Promoter”) and have been prepared in accordance with the provisions of Section 36 of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 and Regulation 11 (“the Standard Terms and Conditions”). While these Standard Terms and Conditions have been designed to cover a variety of promotional competitions and an extensive variety of competitions are run depending on marketing requirements, should these Standard Terms and Conditions not specifically cover an aspect of a particular promotional competition, the Competition Promotor reserves the right to amend/supplement/amplify additional conditions to cover the circumstances of that particular promotional competition on an ad hoc basis. Any such amended/supplemented/ amplified or additional terms and conditions, shall be read in conjunction with the Standard Terms and Conditions.
2. Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your acceptance of the Standard Terms and Conditions on behalf of yourself. Any additional terms and conditions applicable to a particular competition will be set out in the insert relating to the particular promotional competition, which will apply with these the Standard Terms and Conditions.
3. The competition is not open to:
3.1. directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of the Competition Promoter or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
3.2. the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in 3.1 above.
4. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians to enter conveyed at the time of acceptance of the prize should a prize be awarded.
5. It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by the Competition Promoter on or before the closing date indicated for the particular competition. Any entries which are not received timeously will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. The Competition Promoter and its affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by the Competition Promotor, regardless of the cause for non-receipt. The Competition Promotor and its affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, computer system, server, or provider which may have hindered entry into this competition.
6. If entry is made via sms, these text messages will be charged to you, the participant, at R1.50 per sms."Free" sms’s under any cellphone contract do not apply. Entry to the competition is gained by using WeberSeason and Name to the shortcode provided. Multiple entries are allowed. The competition runs from 1 October 2019 to 15 December 2019. No further entries will be taken into account after the 15 December 2019.
7. The Competition Promoter and its affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s equipment (computer, mobile telephone or other device) used by you to enter into the competition or obtain any materials related to the competition.
9. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information provided to the Competition Promoter is accurate, complete and up to date.
10. The Competition Promoter does not make any representations and give no warranty that–
10.1. your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning the prize;
10.2. the prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or your partner’s, requirements, preferences, or expectations.
11. The Competition Promoter and its affiliates shall not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize if a prize is awarded.
12. The Prize is not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
13. You may not win the prize if it is unlawful in any way for the Competition Promoter to supply this prize to you. If you do win such prize, and it is unlawful for the Competition Promoter to award it to you (for whatever reason), the prize will be forfeited.
14. The winner will be notified by means of the contact details provided to the Competition Promoter. If the Competition Promoter is, or a third party supplier is, unable to contact the winner within 10 days to obtain documents/details for this purpose, the winner will forfeit the prize and the Competition Promoter reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
15. In the event that you win the prize, you will be given the opportunity to agree to the publication of your name and to appear in person in the electronic media and the print media, if required. You are not obliged to support this marketing activity and may decline including endorsing, promoting or advertising our brand, for which no fee will be payable.
16. You agree to supply the Competition Promoter, or its third party suppliers, with additional information that the Competition Promoter may reasonably require in order to process and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of the prize.
17. The Competition Promoter reserves the right should the need arise, to vary elements of the competition and prize, if deemed absolutely necessary and such variation will be communicated to you in an appropriate manner.
19. You agree that your participation in the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, shall be at your own risk.
20. The Competition Promoter and its affiliates shall not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (where applicable), of the prize.
21. The Competition Promoter and the judge’s decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. The Competition Promoter does not make any representations and give no warranty that –
22.1. your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning the prize;
22.2. the prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or your partner’s (if applicable), requirements, preferences, or expectations.
23. The winner will be notified by means of the contact details provided. The winner will forfeit the prize and the Competition Promoter reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
24. You agree to supply the Competition Promoter, or its third party suppliers/service providers, with additional information that the Competition Promoter may reasonably require in order to process and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of the prize. The prize will be given away in-store and you agree to make yourself available for the collection of the prize in store.
25. The Store selected will be located within the locale of the winner/s, however failure to collect the prize on the date and time communicated by the Competition Promoter or third party, is deemed as forfeiting the prize and no further liability or communication will be entered into.
26. The date of the draw, will be done on the 17th December 2019 and communication to the winner/s will proceed. Whereby the selected winner/s would need to avail themselves for collection of their prize in the store selected by the Competition Promoter.
The draw may be done by either the Competition promoter or nominated third party.